Have the #winterolympics got you super pumped to become your strongest self? Check out these protein-packed recipes to help fuel your workout and build that lean muscle mass!
(1) EASY VEGGIE QUESADILLAS
This recipe has it all - fiber, whole grains, a mix of vegetables, AND 19 grams of protein per serving! It’s simple to make and perfect for all of you Mexican food lovers. Serve your quesadilla with some spicy salsa and reduced-fat sour cream! Check out the recipe from Hurry The Food Up here.
(2) SUN DRIED TOMATO, SPINACH, & CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN
This recipe has a kind of a Mediterranean feel to it and does not take that long to prepare. A serving size is less than 400 calories and offers 30 grams of protein, making it a great dinner to have post-afternoon/early evening workout! Full recipe from Primavera Kitchen here.
(3) TURKEY & BROCCOLI STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
Sweet potatoes are naturally good sources of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. Pair this superfood with ground turkey and you’ve got a delicious and super nutritious meal on your hands! The hoisin sauce gives this dish an additional burst of an Asian-food flavor. Try this meal from Cookin Canuck at home and get 21 grams of protein per serving!
(4) VEGAN TOFU SPINACH SCRAMBLE
Vegan or not, you should definitely try this breakfast scramble - a perfect compliment to a morning workout with 21 grams of protein per serving! This recipe from Food Network offers a wide variety of flavors with its combination of ingredients and only takes about 15 minutes to prep and cook. #winning
(5) PROTEIN BITES
Feeling a little like you’re on empty? Fuel up with this 4-ingredient, no bake, 8 grams of protein snack from Greatist! But wait, there’s more ;) -- it’s got dark chocolate in it - making it an even better snack choice if you were craving a little sweetness in your life! Get the full instructions here.
Happy 2018 friends!
We know it's been quiet over here, but we've been busy kicking off the new year with several "Master Meal Planning" classes. Be on the look out for more offerings soon! And don't worry, if your not in Nashville, TN... we have plans to help you learn The Meal Planning Method virtually. (Get on the waitlist here.)
But first, freebies :)
We have TWO new versions of our Printable Weekly Meal Planners for you to keep your healthy eating going well into 2018. Choose your favorite below!
Which planner is your favorite to use each week? Tell us in the comments below or with #mealplanningmethod.
As we head full speed ahead into the holiday season, I wanted to take a moment to talk about something else that can help you hold on to those healthy habits this time of year. The secret is in your bag :) Ya know, your purse, tote, handbag, clutch, carryall, satchel, sack. As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), I try to make the healthy choice the easy choice so I don't do something I regret. So here are my 4 recommendations on what to pack in your purse to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
(1) HAND SANITIZER. DYK that a large percentage of food-borne disease outbreaks are spread by contaminated hands? Shut that sh&% down & always pack hani-sani for when washing your hands isn't an option.
(2) UNSWEETENED DRIED FRUIT. It takes effort to get your recommended 5 servings of fruits & veggies in each day. Help yourself out and keep unsweetened dried fruit (like these KIND Strawberry Cherries Apple Fruit Bites). They don't spoil easily and are a great alternative for when you want something sweet!
(3) SINGLE-SERVE SNACKS. Salty & crunchy is my thing guys. So when that craving hits, a protein-packed snack keeps me satisfied until my next meal. I recommend snacks that are already pre-packaged like unsalted nuts or Biena Chickpea Snacks. They're great options to carry because they don't go bad in your bag, AND are full of fiber and heart-healthy fats.
(4) WATER BOTTLE. Hydration it huge for your overall well-being. (We're nearly 60% water after all!) So before you go in for a #snackattack, make sure you quench your thirst first. Good rule of thumb, you're aiming for half your body in fluid ounces each day when it comes to staying hydrated. (We're loving this d.stil stainless steel water bottle lately!)
And that's it folks! Just 4 simple items I always keep stocked for my life on-the-go. Are there certain things you like to carry around to keep your healthy lifestyle going? Tell me in the comments below!
P.S. If u want to catch a playback of the me on November 3, 2017 "Get Fit with Brit" segment on 650 AM WSM's Nashville Today show, listen here!