Hope everyone had an amazing Memorial Day weekend. I got the chance to enjoy some fun in the sun over the holiday, but was so sad to see that the eating options available were not exactly ideal -- snack shack junk food or packaged and processed vending machine fare. Bleck!
Well today I'm sharing some of my favorite healthy poolside snacks that will be sure to satisfy your tummy and your tastebuds. It just takes a little planning and preparation before you head out! Check 'em out :)
(1) FROZEN GRAPES :: It's a sweet cold treat that's too simple not to enjoy in the warmer weather. Frozen grapes are so refreshing and reminds me of childhood.
(2) FROZEN YOGURT TUBES :: Freeze low-fat yogurt tubes (like these from siggi's) for a healthier creamy & cold treat.
(3) VEGGIE WRAP :: Need something more substantial while you're pooling? Whip up a quick veggie wrap using a whole-grain tortilla, hummus or bean spread and your favorite veggies. Try salad greens, cucumber slices, tomato, red onion, red bell pepper and sprouts.
(4) HUMMUS + RAW VEGGIES :: Pack up this perfect satisfying snack using my favorite method. You can dip with any veggie you like -- carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, sweet peppers, radishes and even summer squash like zucchini or yellow squash are awesome vehicles for your hummus dip.
(5) FLAVORED SPARKLING WATER :: Nothing like a cold (non-alcoholic) one to rehydrate you while your sitting poolside! Lots of brands carry these unsweetened, uncaffeinated fizzy beverages including LaCroix, Aquafina, Dasani, Cascade Ice, and even Kroger.
(6) POPCORN :: If you're like me and love salty, crunchy then popcorn is a perfect whole-grain snack to satisfy you.
**TIP: Simply store your cold items in a small insulated lunchbox or portable cooler to keep them at their best!
Which healthy poolside snack are you gonna pack? Tell us in the comments below!
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Interested in contributing to The Meal Planning Method blog?